University Crest

[wlug] Problem with Google Earth Updating

Simon Green simon@s...
Tue Sep 19 19:55:10 NZST 2006

On 19/09/06, Leslie Katz <lesliek@o...> wrote:
> When I issue the command "env", among the output, I find the following:
>
> "BROWSER=Firefox"
>
> Why is that not sufficient for Google Earth's purposes? Do I need to add
> a version reference or some other thing?

You'll need to specify the location to Firefox, i.e.

BROWSER=/usr/bin/firefox

It may be in a different location on your computer. Type 'which
firefox' (without the quotes) to find the location on your file
system.

  -- simon