University Crest

[wlug] REMINDER: Annual General Meeting, 2 October

Craig Box craig@d...
Wed Sep 20 09:00:46 NZST 2006

In accordance with Rule 6 of the charter, I would like to announce to
all members that the Waikato Linux Users Group (Incorporated) will be
holding its Annual General Meeting on Monday, 2 October, 2006, at 7pm,
at the regular meeting location of room LitB at the University of Waikato.

New committee
=============

All WLUG members are encouraged to stand for election onto the WLUG
committee for 2007.

The charter specifies the committee as consisting of a President, Vice
President, Secretary, Treasurer, and three general committee members.

To stand for the committee, please email secretary@w... If you
wish to nominate someone, please contact them and ask if they are
willing to stand; if you would rather not contact them yourself, feel
free to email me and I will pass your request on for you. People with
uncertain futures (who may be leaving the Waikato) are encouraged not to
let this stop them standing for election, but please only stand if you
are committed and prepared to take on a relatively small workload.

To be granted voting rights at the meeting, you must have been a paid
member for 2005-2006, and signed a new membership form for '06-'07.
(Remember, you have 90 days to pay.)

Regards,
Craig
WLUG Secretary