Sat Apr 18 10:32:17 NZST 2009
On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 6:14 PM, Peter Reutemann <fracpete@g...> wrote:
>> I tried following the instructions on that page, and was pleased to see
>> that they worked. The biggest problem I have is foreign characters ('é'
>> for example) in the SRT file seem to get converted to UTF-8, so the
>> video ends up having two weird characters taking the place of what
>> should be there. I found that using WINE Notepad seems to work just
>> fine for foreign characters, so I guess I'll use that instead of Gedit.
> Kate seems to support other encodings apart from UTF-8, like Windows'
> Cp1252, as well:
> That would give you at least a decent editor. ;-)
Don't you be dissing Gedit ;). In the Save dialog box you can select the
character encoding using the dropdown box at the bottom.
> BTW If you're creating the .srt file yourself, I can recommend
> "gnome-subtitles" (http://gnome-subtitles.sourceforge.net/). I've done
> only one English movie with that software, so not sure regarding
> potential encoding problems.
> Cheers, Peter
> Peter Reutemann, Dept. of Computer Science, University of Waikato, NZ
> http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/~fracpete/ Ph. +64 (7) 858-5174
> wlug mailing list | wlug@l...
> Unsubscribe: http://list.waikato.ac.nz/mailman/listinfo/wlug
More information about the wlug
NOTICE: This is an archive of a public mailing list. The University of Waikato is not responsible for its contents.