University Crest

[wlug] Phishing email from wlug.org.nz

James Pluck papabearnz@g...
Tue Apr 21 19:14:41 NZST 2009

Hi all,

I know that you all are intelligent and knowing internet users so please
just ignore this :)

I've been the lucky recipient of a phishing email purporting to be from
the WLUG SUPPORT TEAM telling me that apparantly we are undergoing
maintenace (sic) on our servers and need me to reply with my username
and password to some group with a yahoo.com.hk address.

Did we outsource our server maintenance recently and not tell the
committee?  *grin*

Just a heads up everyone :)

Cheers
James.