University Crest

[wlug] Rythmbox problem

Peter Reutemann fracpete@g...
Sat Apr 25 12:34:55 NZST 2009

> Hah! I kind of thought that I would need to open the
> audioasx.asp in rythmbox, Seems this is not case. Do I need
> an install script or?

Nope, no install script necessary. Just follow these steps (on Ubuntu 8.10):
- open rhythmbox
- navigate to Library -> Radio
- right-click in the list on the right hand side and select "New
Internet Radio Station"
- paste the link in the dialog box that popped up and click "Add"
- select this new internet radio and click on "Play"

NB: Rhythmbox seems a bit buggy and might not manage to play the radio
immediately. But after a few times double-clicking on the radio (or
selecting the station and the clicking on the "Play" button) it
finally starts playing the stream.

Cheers, Peter
http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/~fracpete/           Ph. +64 (7) 858-5174