University Crest

[wlug] Rythmbox problem

Daniel Lawson daniel@m...
Sun Apr 26 19:53:14 NZST 2009

jaytee@c... wrote:
> I have changed to my desktop ubuntu 8.10 in the hope a more
> modern installation would help.

Incidentally, Ubuntu 9.04 is out now ;)

> Having run through the list of available streaming radio
> stations and successfully playing a large random selection.
> the exception being thecoast.net.nz when opened in firefox
> claims to need adobe flash-plugin. Flash-plugin is installed
> so there must be some other thing that I do not have that
> prevents this station playing.

A couple of points there: if I load it, it displays a notice about
needing the flash plugin (which I have installed), however it works
anyway - the stream still plays.   It's possible it needs a newer
version of flash than you have installed AND it has some broken code for
detecting if flash is installed.