University Crest

[wlug] Automatically adding pics to an OpenOffice presentation

Glenn Ramsey glenn@c...
Fri Feb 20 21:43:54 NZDT 2009

Liz Quilty wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 1:36 PM, Glenn Ramsey <glenn@c...
> <mailto:glenn@c...>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     Does anyone know if there is a way to automatically generate an OO
>     presentation (or similar) from a number of pictures, where each picture
>     appears on an individual slide?
>
> Does it have to be in OO ? Im sure you could do it with some external
> generic format - perhaps with a perl module or similar?
>
> Liz

I should have asked the question differently. It's actually for my wife
to use, so it would be ideal for it to be directly in OO.

In the meantime I found this:

http://tldp.org/LDP/LGNET/116/herrmann.html

which does exactly what I want. I guess I could write a wrapper script
so she can just run it as single command in the directory with the pics in.

Thanks
Glenn

--
Glenn Ramsey <glenn@c...> 07 8627077