University Crest

[wlug] GUI frontend for pypdf

Peter Reutemann fracpete@w...
Sun Oct 4 22:24:27 NZDT 2009

Hi there

A couple of weeks ago, I needed to join two PDFs together into a
single one on my Ubuntu box. Problem was, that I could only find
command-line tools like pdftk to do the job, but no GUI frontend like
pdftk_builder or guipdftk, which are only available for Windows. When
I happened to come across the pypdf Python library
(http://pybrary.net/pyPdf/), I told myself, maybe a little bit of
Python-hacking could fill the void.

Well, there you have it... pyPdf-GUI, a little pygtk and glade based
Python frontend, released under the BSD license.
And, since I thought this software might be useful to other people as
well, you can find it here available for download:
  http://pypdfgui.fracpete.de/

On that (rather basic) website, you can download an Ubuntu 9.04 .deb
package and a source archive (for other Linux flavors or older Ubuntu
versions).

One final note: this is the absolute first release, so expect some
bugs to be lurking in the code. :-)

Cheers, Peter
http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/~fracpete/           Ph. +64 (7) 858-5174