University Crest

[wlug] Personalising Learning Environments with Quick Response (QR) Codes

John Billings john@n...
Tue Oct 20 23:19:44 NZDT 2009

Hi,

There will be an interesting meeting next month presented by NZCS,
Tuesday evening from 5:30 to 7pm, 10th November.  WLUG members are
invited to attend:

http://www.nzcs.org.nz/events/waikato_bop/87-Personalising_Learning_Environments_with_Quick_Response_(QR)_Codes

It's a free event but please register.

I originally approached Dr. John Clayton to give a talk to WLUG about
the work he's done with Moodle in the past.   I also asked if I could
interview him for community radio, which we did last week.   In the
course of the interview, he told me his new work involves researching QR
  Codes in education, and we thought that might be an interesting topic
for a presentation. Since we are having an AGM next month and it was too
late to organize it this month, I pitched the talk over to David at NZCS
and he's organized that now.

The first part of my interview with John is available here, where he
does talk about Moodle:

http://newitmake.org.nz/podcasts/audio/show/21-episode-15-dr-john-clayton

The second part, where he talks about QR Codes will be played on
Community Radio Hamilton this Thursday, at 2pm and the podcast will be
available soon.

Cheers,
John