University Crest

[wlug] Optimizing Linux for SSD usage

Narender narender.hooda@g...
Wed Apr 6 15:19:49 NZST 2011

Hi

I thought this was interesting.

http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/tip/Optimizing-Linux-for-SSD-usage?asrc=EM_NLN_13599320&track=NL-795&ad=824889

>>Does EXT 4 has features suited for SSD or EXT 3 would also work well?

Even newer gen spindle hard drives start to use larger disk blocks so
that partition need to be on the boundary to get best perf. Latest gen
OS should all take care of that. I personally tried windows 7 and
Ubuntu 10 to partition and then dump the partition table and double
check the boundary.

>> we are using CenOS5.3 (64 bit ) in our production. could someone please give pointer about what version of centos we should put on it.

Best Regards

--N