University Crest

[wlug] how to nfs export with file system acls

Gregory Machin clubbing80s@g...
Tue Dec 13 10:23:18 NZDT 2011

Hi.

I have a "CentOS release 5.3 (Final)" server that I need to replace. I
need to migrate this server to a newer platform. It is currently
exporting a xfs file system with facl's , and these work well with
both new and old client machines.

I have tried to replicated this on Ubuntu  and , discovered that I
need nfs v3 and facls  support compiled into the kernel, I believe
that RHEL6 / CentOS 6 should have this support, but I'm still not
seeing the correct results. The client doesn't have the facls , and
when writing files over the export the default facls are not correctly
propagated.

What have I missed in the configuration ?

Thanks
GM

--
- TLA - three letter acronym ...
- We are loosing the art of communication through progress..

Proverbs 27:17 (New International Version)
17 As iron sharpens iron,
    so one man sharpens another.