University Crest

[wlug] REMINDER: WLUG meeting is on Monday

Meeting Reminder Bot bot@w...
Fri May 20 06:27:04 NZST 2011

There's a Waikato Linux Users Group meeting on Monday:

Michael Doerner will be speaking on SME Server

http://www.contribs.org/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SME_Server

SMEserver - a very successful Open Source "Small Business" server solution

This Linux distribution is a server for small to medium sized businesses, providing file- and printer sharing, email server, FTP server, Windows domain controller, firewall, etc. All this functionality highly integrated as a dedicated, single server on standard PC (server) hardware. SMEserver is very robust and reliable and it aims for simple installation and administration.

At TechnologyWise we have been offering installation and integration services for SMEserver for businesses for almost 10 years and maintain a significant number of customer installations. We see it at the core of our business model, enabling us to offer additional ICT services around this base in a highly competitive market which is currently dominated by commercial software vendors.

''And''

Peter Reutemann will be doing a presentation on Plug computers and more specifically, installing Debian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SheevaPlug

http://www.cyrius.com/debian/kirkwood/sheevaplug/

Meeting will start at 7pm
Peter Reutemann

then at 7.30pm
Michael Doerner

Please note the earlier start time if you wish to see the plug computer presentation.