University Crest

[wlug] Oneiric changes from base 2 to base 10 file sizes...

Sandy sandwalker@g...
Fri Oct 28 23:55:21 NZDT 2011

Is it just me, or has Oneiric decided that it's going to display file sizes in
Nautilus as 'decimal' rather than 'binary'?  For example, a file that was 348MB
before the upgrade is now 365MB.  Working the numbers out, I've figured out that
it's now using (bytes / 1,000,000) rather than (bytes / 1,048,576).

I'm rather annoyed at this.  I'm used to drive capacity being shown in base 10
units, but not files.  Has anybody else noticed this, and is there a way to get
it back to the old 'binary' system?

Sandy