University Crest

[wlug] Sphirewall, opensource advanced linux firewall/router being developed right here in NZ

Michael Lawson michael@s...
Sun Jul 7 14:06:30 NZST 2013

Hi Guys,
This is a somewhat selfless plug, I am the lead developer and founder for a
project called Sphirewall. Sphirewall is a firewall/router that has been
developed from the give much more visibility and management capabilities.
Its more focused on analytics and user based management, and offers heaps
of features that aren't available in products like Pfsense, smoothwall and
the likes. Ooh and its developed by a kiwi ;) I am trying to market the
project and get more people involved, and are wondering if anyone would be
interested in hearing more over a beer or two.

You can see the project here, http://sphirewall.net/ and hear why it was
created, http://blog.sphirewall.net/?p=145

Sound interesting?
--