University Crest

[wlug] Two weeks with Mir

Peter Reutemann fracpete@w...
Wed Jul 10 16:15:26 NZST 2013

"Mir has been running smoothly on my laptop for two weeks now. It’s an
all-Intel Dell XPS, so the driver stack on Ubuntu is very clean, but
I’m nonetheless surprised that the system feels *smoother* than it did
pre-Mir. It might be coincidence, Saucy is changing pretty fast and
new versions of X and Compiz have both landed while I’ve had Mir
running. But watching top suggests that both Xorg and Compiz are using
less memory and fewer CPU cycles under Mir than they were with X
handling the hardware directly."

-- source: http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/1269

Cheers, Peter
http://www.cms.waikato.ac.nz/~fracpete/          Ph. +64 (7) 858-5174