University Crest

[wlug] Google Releases Raspberry Pi Web Dev Teaching Tool

Peter Reutemann fracpete@w...
Sat Sep 14 10:29:05 NZST 2013

"Google has released 'Coder,' described as a simple way to make web
stuff on Raspberry Pi. The idea is to make the Pi into a simple web
server and web development environment on which kids can learn HTML,
CSS and JavaScript. They provide an image for the Raspberry Pi, and
they've open-sourced Coder as well. 'We thought about all the stuff we
could do to make Coder a more complete package, but we have a hunch
that the sooner this gets into the open source and maker communities,
the more we’ll learn about how it might be used. Hopefully, a few more
folks will pitch in and help us make this even more accessible and
helpful for new coders.'"

-- source: http://developers.slashdot.org/story/13/09/13/1514202

Cheers, Peter
http://www.cms.waikato.ac.nz/~fracpete/          Ph. +64 (7) 858-5174