University Crest

[wlug] Fedora Project Turns 10

Peter Reutemann fracpete@w...
Tue Sep 24 16:02:44 NZST 2013

"It was ten years ago this past Sunday September 22nd, that the Red
Hat sponsored Fedora project was born. The first Fedora release didn't
come until six weeks later in November of 2003. Over the last 10 years
the project has transformed itself from being entirely controlled by
Red Hat to being a true community effort. In a video interview, the
current Fedora Project Leader, Robyn Bergeron talks about the past and
the future of Fedora. 'We need to think about how we're actually
making the sausage,' Bergeron said. 'I think we can try and abstract
and automate the things we have to do a lot, so our really awesome
people's brains can be applied to solving problems that aren't yet
automate-able.'"

-- source: http://linux.slashdot.org/story/13/09/23/2350220

Cheers, Peter
http://www.cms.waikato.ac.nz/~fracpete/          Ph. +64 (7) 858-5174