University Crest

[wlug] How to Kill the Caps Lock on your Linux Desktop

Peter Reutemann fracpete@w...
Wed Jan 29 10:02:26 NZDT 2014

"I really liked being free of the intrusive Caps Lock, since I'm not a
very good typist; I look down at the keys a lot, and if I've hit the
lock by mistake it can be half a line or more before I notice. Anyway,
with Disable suddenly unavailable I did some searching and found that
the function of the Caps Lock key could be replaced by adding a script
to xmodmap."

-- source: http://www.linux.com/learn/tutorials/758968

Cheers, Peter
http://www.cms.waikato.ac.nz/~fracpete/          Ph. +64 (7) 858-5174