University Crest

[wlug] Fwd: [NZOSS OpenChat] TPPA appears to compromise NZ data sovereignty

Peter Reutemann fracpete@w...
Wed Feb 3 10:38:11 NZDT 2016

Apologies for cross-posting.

Cheers, Peter

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dave Lane <president@n...>
Date: Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 10:22 AM
Subject: [NZOSS OpenChat] TPPA appears to compromise NZ data sovereignty
To: NZOSS Open Chat List <openchat@g...>

Hi all,

Thanks to Grant Paton-Simpson for bringing clause 14.13.2 of the
Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement to my attention... I've just written
a quick post to explain the potential implications of it, as I see it:
https://nzoss.org.nz/content/tppa-compromises-nz-data-sovereignty

Any comments or corrections (or alternative interpretations) to the
article would be appreciated. If you think it is a cause for concern, I
encourage you to promote it, particularly among those who will
understand the implications. The TPPA is slated for signing tomorrow. We
need to make a BIG stink about this very unfortunate turn of events.

Cheers,

Dave
--
Dave Lane, President, New Zealand Open Source Society
e: president@n...  m: 021 229 8147  w: http://nzoss.org.nz

――
View topic http://groups.nzoss.org.nz/r/topic/7bw4I2juaLBbCQycHlZriA