University Crest

[wlug] UEFI aka Ooof!!y links - more than a lifetime to know

Ian Young gnomician@g...
Sat Feb 13 23:13:56 NZDT 2016

Following a recent refererence to the dread Oofy at a LUG meeting and
after looking at a couple of Intel PC type machines using this boot
method I am pretty well totally baffled.

The people of Arch however know it all. Or as much as can be known.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Unified_Extensible_Firmware_Interface#Mount_efivarfs

I seem to have a vague recollection that Sun once used Ooofy. And
Apple of course was an early adopter. Or am I thinking of Open
Firmware? Somewhat related.

Hmmm.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unified_Extensible_Firmware_Interface

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Firmware