University Crest

[wlug] exa a modern replacement for ls written in rust for Linux/Unix

Eric Light eric@e...
Wed Aug 9 18:51:17 NZST 2017

On Wed, 9 Aug 2017, at 14:13, Peter Reutemann wrote:
> There is now third alternative named exa. It is a modern replacement for ls.

Just gave this a try, it's actually really nice.

One of my more-commonly used commands is `ls -lStr` (long format, Sort
by last-modified, reverse order so most-recently updated items are at
the bottom).

The equivalent command (when aliasing ls to exa) is `ls -lsmod`.  This
unexpected appearance of lsmod makes me smile.  :D

Thanks Peter!