University Crest

[wlug] How To List The Dependencies Of A Package In Linux

Lawrence D'Oliveiro ldo@g...
Fri Aug 18 11:56:10 NZST 2017

On Thu, 17 Aug 2017 14:05:10 +1200, Peter Reutemann wrote:

> 'The other day I was trying to figure out if there is any easy way to
> find or list the dependencies of a package in Linux. '

The apt-cache depends/rdepends commands also have the --recurse option,
to show indirect dependencies as well.

And for showing details of a package (installed or not), try

    apt-cache show «package-name»

and

    apt-cache showpkg «package-name»

(They show slightly different info.)