University Crest

[wlug] How to Scan Your Linux Computer for Viruses and Rootkits

Eric Light eric@e...
Tue Aug 22 22:22:45 NZST 2017

Yikes, ClamAV's hit-rate makes me sad  :(

Sophos actually provide a free Linux AV scanner, which has a
dramatically better detection rate than ClamAV.

I'd like to see Lynis featured more prominently in articles like this.
It's written by the same guy that made rkhunter, and it's very mature.
Mostly used for Linux security tuning really -- checks for things like
weak dhparams, HIDS, weak file permissions, etc.

A: http://five.sentenc.es