University Crest

[wlug] Refuse To Be Terrorized

Lawrence D'Oliveiro ldo@g...
Wed Mar 27 09:25:42 NZDT 2019

On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 21:10:46 +1300, I wrote:

> I hope we learn the right lessons from others who have been here
> before us, and not repeat too many of their mistakes.

Another example would seem to be the banning of the shooter’s
manifesto. While bringing the hammer down on his live-streamed video of
the shootings makes sense, extending the prohibition to a collection of
written words, hateful and deluded as they may be, seems to me to be a
step too far.

Consider this article
<https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/zealand-massacre-weaponisation-history-190322062222288.html>,
which would appear to be a point-by-point rebuttal of his claims. Is it?
I don’t know, and now it would be illegal for me to try to find out.
And no journalist in New Zealand would be permitted to write such an
article.